Sunday, September 14, 2014

The First Week in Sorrento

Ciao tutti! 

So I think I'm going to try and do a blog post a week, probably on Sundays! I also think I'll do a day by day summary of what I did, so enjoy!

Tuesday: I don't remember a lot of this day, but I went to the beach with Francesca and some friends, and it was absolutely gorgeous!! The water is entirely crystal clear and it's breathtaking! It's freezing though, which kind of sucks :/ But we played cards and it was fun! Then at night we walked around Sorrento, which is always so much fun! It's very calm and chill and we run into people we know like every 5 minutes, and I just love walking around at night!

Wednesday: I went to Capri with Francesca and Speranza and it is truly a dream. The island is so beautiful and when I went it was covered with a fog and it just felt like a dream! We walked around, did some window shopping, took gorgeous pictures (the water is an unbelievably bright blue. It's insane), and then we ate lunch on this beautiful little beach and I ended up falling asleep, then we swam, talked (Francesca helped me a bit with Italian), and went home! Then, again in the night we went out around the town with friends!

Thursday: Thursday was a super fun day, I rode a motorino (Motor scooter, vespa, you get the idea) for the first time which was super fun! And I went with my host siblings to a friend's house and we had lunch there. After lunch, we were all hanging out and we decided to cover their outdoor marble floor with soap and water and we kept sliding across the floor. We would pour soap on ourselves and then dive onto the ground and slide, it was so so much fun! We also jumped from the balcony into their pool, which was also really fun! Then, we went to this gelato shop that I had actually been to the year before when my family and I visited Sorrento on a cruise (we were only there for a day), and I had nutella covered pancakes with pistachio gelato, it was heavenly! And once again, in the night we walked around with friends! I met this girl who moved to Sorrento from South Africa a few years ago, and we have gotten really close! She speaks perfect english, so we spent the whole night talking and it was so refreshing and relaxing to have a full conversation with someone! You don't really notice how nice it is to be able to communicate with everyone until you can't.

Friday: Friday morning I went to a breakfast with Francesca and some of her friends since it was one of the girl's name day (Here everyone has a name day, I didn't fully understand what it meant, but you just have a small get together to celebrate). Then, I met up with Sofia (the girl from South Africa) and we got coffee and I bought some shoes. It was so nice to communicate and connect with someone again! Then, in the night I went to a party with Francesca at one of our friend's house since it was her birthday, and I made a lot of friends! Everyone was so nice and made such an effort to speak English (I really need to start speaking purely Italian, it's just so much easier in English) and they kept asking me all about high school in America, and if it really was how the movies say it is. It was so nice :)

Saturday: Yesterday morning Francesca and I went to buy school supplies (Yes, I actually do have to go to school. I know. It sucks.) Then, we went to the beach to study, and I did some yoga with some friends, it was really nice :) Then, I met up with Sofia and one of her friends and we did some shopping (I bought a pretty, small, black purse) and went to a bar for some espresso. Then, I went home, ate dinner, showered and started getting ready to go clubbing. I ended up going over to Sofia's house to get ready, and then we went out to another bar and met up with my host siblings before we all headed over to the club. I actually ended up breaking the strap of my shoe before we got to the club, which really sucked but it was still a lot of fun!! The club was in the open air near the beach, and we didn't end up getting home until around 5:00 am.

Sunday (Today): I woke up at around noon, and I had lunch, showered, and watched some TV with Antonio. Later I am meeting up with Sofia to walk around and maybe get an espresso, then I'll probably just hang out and go to sleep early. Tomorrow is the first day of school and I am really nervous, seeing as I barely speak the language. Luckily, I will go to a Linguistico school (you study mostly languages) so people will probably speak basic English or Spanish which will definitely help, but I will not be able to understand anything. I'm really excited and also extremely nervous and I feel very lost and kind of unprepared, but I'm sure it will be okay! I'll let you all know how it goes!

Ciao Ciao! <3 Xoxo

-- Tami

No comments:

Post a Comment